CLOSED FOR MEMORIAL DAY
The library will be closed in observance of Memorial Day on Monday, May 28, 2018.
We will be open again as usual on Tuesday, May 29.
Summer Reading Program
Our 2018 theme is “Libraries Rock!” Geared towards children ages 3 to 10 years old, our goal is to exercise the children’s minds, as well as encourage them to have fun while they read and learn. We will meet on Wednesdays from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m. June 6 through July 18. Registration brochures are available at the library circulation desk as well as on our website. Each week will feature a different topic: write your own story, dance and movement, crex wildlife, music, LeAnne Hardy and origami.
Click HERE to see our Registration Brochure
Friends of the Library News
- The Friends provide funds for book purchases and to further the library's early childhood literacy program, "Grow a reader."
- The Friends hold a used book sale on the 2nd Saturday of every month, which gets books into the community at very moderate prices.
- The Friends host and provide books for a Children's Book Fair the 2nd Saturday in August. Children under the age of 10 each receive a free book.
- The Friends support local authors with presentations & readings.
Why not start 2018 out with some books? The Friends of the Library have updated the “look” of their book sale making it easier to navigate through the wide variety of books we have available.
- Second Saturday Used Book Sale May 12 - Click HERE for more information.
- Peter House Kwong, Thursday, May 17 at p.m. Please join us for an entertaining evening featuring a cooking demonstration, singing, and storytelling. Click HERE for more information.
- John W. Ingalls - SALAD LUNCHEON with local author on Saturday, JUNE 30 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. with author speaking at 1:30 p.m. John will be discussing his new book "If There's a Will". Tickets are $8 in advance at the library and $10 at the door. Children 10 and under are free. Hope to see you there! Click HERE for more information.
- Michael Perry coming September 29 - plus our Chili Feed Fundraiser at the Webster Community Center. Mark your calendars! Click HERE for more information.