To set up your AmazonSmile account click HERE
Friends of the Library News
SECOND SATURDAY USED BOOK SALE on November 12th, 2016 from 10 am to 3 pm. Click HERE for full details.
The Friends of the Larsen Family Public Library (Webster, WI) held their 4th annual chili feed fundraiser last Saturday night (October 15). Our guest speakers were Twin Cities mystery authors Ellen Hart & Carl Brookins. It was a fun and successful evening. We raised over $1500 for the library. Carl Brookins captured it perfectly when he said this on his Facebook page: "Last evening, Ellen Hart and I were the guest program for a hundred plus folks at the Webster, Wisconsin, town hall. The event was a fundraiser for their magnificent library. We ate chili. And bars and cookies. It was all yummy. Ellen and I had a great time talking about mystery fiction, writing, modern-day publishing and the folks in attendance were attentive, enthusiastic, and engaged."
The Friends of the Larsen Family Public Library gratefully thank Burnett Dairy, Daeffler's Quality Meats, Forts Folle Avoine, For Winds Market, Fox Run Golf Course, Francyne Maki, Leah Berg, Mariann Erickson, North Sand Photography, Northwest Passage (In a New Light), Pat and Lucy Basler, Ron & Dorothy Reis, Schmitz's Economart, , The Granary, The Lodge, Webster Lions, and those who attended for their support of our Chili Feed & Author Event. We also extend our sincere thanks to our speakers, Ellen Hart and Carl Brookins for sharing their stories and humor.
Proceeds from this event will be donated to the library for books and library supplies. Again, thanks to all who helped make this a successful event.
Photo by Laura Rachford
Photo by Vicki Prock
NEW! Book bags are for sale for $2!
- The Friends of the Library mission statement is "to promote literacy for all ages, provide support for the library and to encourage the entire community to know and use its valuable resources."
- The Friends provide funds for book purchases and to further the library's early childhood literacy program, "Grow a reader."
- The Friends hold a used book sale on the 2nd Saturday of every month, which gets books into the community at very moderate prices.
- The Friends host and provide books for a Children's Book Fair the 2nd Saturday in August. Children under the age of 10 each receive a free book.
- The Friends support local authors with presentations & readings.
DID YOU KNOW........Click HERE!!