Friends of the Library News
- The Friends of the Library mission statement is "to promote literacy for all ages, provide support for the library and to encourage the entire community to know and use its valuable resources."
- The Friends provide funds for book purchases and to further the library's early childhood literacy program, "Grow a reader."
- The Friends hold a used book sale on the 2nd Saturday of every month, which gets books into the community at very moderate prices.
- The Friends host and provide books for a Children's Book Fair the 2nd Saturday in August. Children under the age of 10 each receive a free book.
- The Friends support local authors with presentations & readings.
New book bags are for sale
SECOND SATURDAY USED BOOK SALE September 10, 2016 from 10 am to 2 pm. Click HERE for full details.
SARA DELUCA Join us for an evening with Wisconsin author Sara DeLuca on Thursday, September 22 at 7 pm. She has written "Dancing the Cows Home" and "The Crops Look Good!" Her books will be available for purchase and signing. Refreshments will be provided by the Friends of the Larsen Family Public Library. Click HERE for full details.
Coming October 15 .... Twin Cities Mystery Authors ELLEN HART and CARL BROOKINS...featured speakers at the 4th annual Chili Feed Fundraisier at the Webster Community Center. Click HERE for more information. Tickets are $8 in advance and are available at the library, Fresh Start Coffee Roasters, Gandy Dancer Book Store, and from any member of the Friends of the Library.
DID YOU KNOW........Click HERE!!
At their December meeting, The Friends of the Library donated $2000 to the library’s building fund, and $2000 to the library for the purchase of an Internet wireless access point for the meeting room, books and library supplies. The Friends were able to raise these funds through proceeds from our monthly used book sales (held the second Saturday of each month), and from our October 3rd chili feed, featuring author William Kent Krueger. We wish to thank all who helped make these donations possible and for your continued support. See a photo here.
New Saturday Hours
Beginning on Saturday, May 7th, the library will be open longer hours on Saturday -- until 3 pm! Since we have expanded our Saturday library hours to 3 pm every Saturday, we are in need of a volunteer for our circulation desk to assist patrons with checking books out and shelving items. If your are interested, please contact Patti at 715-866-7697.