Friends of the Library News
- The Friends of the Library mission statement is "to promote literacy for all ages, provide support for the library and to encourage the entire community to know and use its valuable resources."
- The Friends provide funds for book purchases and to further the library's early childhood literacy program, "Grow a reader."
- The Friends hold a used book sale on the 2nd Saturday of every month, which gets books into the community at very moderate prices.
- The Friends host and provide books for a Children's Book Fair the 2nd Saturday in August. Children under the age of 10 each receive a free book.
- The Friends support local authors with presentations & readings.
NATIONAL LIBRARY WEEK APPRECIATION EVENTS April 8-14, 2018 (see this FLIER for details)
All week: Adult/Young Adult "Library Trivia" game. Enter to win a book! Click HERE to download the game sheet. There is also a children's trivia game. Click HERE for the children's game sheet.
Tuesday, 1 to 3 p.m. - Read-Alikes Learning Session
Wednesday, 7 p.m. - Thomas Brandy author event " Robert's Wings" (Click HERE for flier)
Thursday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - e-Book help sessions
Thursday, 3 p.m. - Kathryn Schiedermayer, Master Gardener presentation on Lunar Gardening Lore and Legend (Click HERE for flier)
Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Used Book Sale (Click HERE for flier)
Thursday, 10:30 a.m. - Special Kids Story Time with Lauren Finch, Crex Meadows Wildlife Educator
Why not start 2018 out with some books? The Friends of the Library have updated the “look” of their book sale making it easier to navigate through the wide variety of books we have available.
Thinking of Writing a Memoir?
Preschool Story Time
We have preschool story time every Wednesday at 10:30 in the children's area. Please join us for stories, crafts, treats and an opportunity for you and your child to socialize! Click HERE to see Lauren Finch and her presentation on hibernation.