Children's Book Fair
Summer Reading Program
Our 2018 theme is “Libraries Rock!” Geared towards children ages 3 to 10 years old, our goal is to exercise the children’s minds, as well as encourage them to have fun while they read and learn. We will meet on Wednesdays from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m. June 6 through July 18. Registration brochures are available at the library circulation desk as well as on our website. Each week will feature a different topic: write your own story, dance and movement, crex wildlife, music, LeAnne Hardy and origami.
CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS
Friends of the Library News
- The Friends provide funds for book purchases and to further the library's early childhood literacy program, "Grow a reader."
- The Friends hold a used book sale on the 2nd Saturday of every month, which gets books into the community at very moderate prices.
- The Friends host and provide books for a Children's Book Fair the 2nd Saturday in August. Children under the age of 10 each receive a free book.
- The Friends support local authors with presentations & readings.
- Neal Griffin - Thursday, July 19th at 7:00 p.m. Neal is the author of the acclaimed "Newburg Mystery Series." He uses his vast police experience, plus his familiarity with small town living to crate a realistic Midwestern noir. Click HERE for more information.
- SECOND SATURDAY USED BOOK SALE - Friday, August 10 and Saturday, August 11 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Click HERE for the flier
- CHILDREN'S BOOK FAIR - new location at Webster FAIRGROUNDS on Saturday, August 11th (Gandy Dancer Days) from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Children ages 0 to 10 may choose a free book. Click HERE for more information!
- Michael Perry coming September 29 - plus our Chili Feed Fundraiser at the Webster Community Center. Mark your calendars! Click HERE for more information.